Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Unbelievable!!!

Have you ever experienced something that was truly unbelievable... something you didn't expect... something you couldn't have planned for... something that left you speechless? Sunday was one of those times for me... it was unbelievable.

I hope you had a chance to bring a few people with you on Sunday. Russ (www.russbutcher.com) did an amazing job of sharing how God restores us even when we betray him, deny him, or run away from him. Amy and I had several people there with us that were really touched by that concept... that incredible and unbelievable concept of God's willingness to continually restore us. I, too, was reminded of this unbelievable idea that God restores us... I couldn't think of one thing about me that was worth restoring... and yet God did it anyway... unbelievable.

I also looked around the environment that so many people worked so hard to create... and I was left speechless. Do you realize that we took one of the most chaotic Sundays of the year, added a second service to it, and welcomed nearly 400 different people through our doors... and did it smoothly? Each of you that were part of creating the environment did an amazing job... an unbelievable job.

And, now I am thinking about this next Sunday... who will come back?... who will join a spiritual journey for the first time in years?... who will truly accept the second chance that God gives us through the restoration that Christ offers?... who will have conversations this week to share the hope that we've found in Jesus?... what lives will be impacted in the next four days?... I can promise you it will be unbelievable. See you Sunday.

No comments: