Sunday, August 26, 2007

If you read James with me, keep going

This past week, more than 30 men and women read the book of James with me... one chapter a day. We talked about it by email as we went along and I really enjoyed the journey. If you were part of that group, I want to encourage you to continue to read. I just finished 1 Peter 2, and take a look at what it says:

"But you are a chosen people, royal priests, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession. You were chosen to tell about the wonderful acts of God, who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light" 1 Peter 2:9 (NCV)

That's the secret... we have a relationship with God through his son Jesus... we have been called out of darkness and now experience God's wonderful light... our lives have been changed... now all we have to do is talk about it along the way. There's not a whole lot more to our lives... talk about how God is changing our lives.

That's what we mean around Church At The Grove when we say that we want to "Start Discussions that lead people to the hope that is found in Christ." Would you help us in those discussions? Have a great morning. I'll see you in a few hours.

No comments: